Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My New Grandpuppy

What a funny weekend we just had. On Saturday, we had my granddaughter's 5th birthday party at Cove Park. It was sunny and warm...although a bit windy. A perfect day to be outside. Then on Sunday, it was cold and cloudy and made our annual Easter Egg hunt with the grandkids a little shorter than usual. I mean, who likes to hunt eggs if you have to wear a coat! I'm ready for warmer weather, and it looks like this next week will be a much warmer one.

And I did something new this year for Easter. Up until this year I have always made an Easter basket for my grown kids as well as my grandkids. But you know, I never can remember which kind of Cadbury egg that my grown kids like. Is it the original one...or the caramel one...or the chocolate one??? So this year, I bought some of each kind and put them in an Easter basket on the coffee table and told the kids to pick out the kinds they liked best. It took all the pressure off of me...and they all seemed OK with this new approach.

But the highlight of the weekend was meeting my new grandpuppy, Daisy. My youngest daughter and her husband just got this little yorkie and already she rules the place. I had to laugh when I saw her on Sunday in her "Easter dress". It's like my daughter is playing with dolls all over again. Having said that, I'm probably going to be just as silly. Cause I took a few measurements of this cutie...just in case I get the notion to make her a sweater. Guess I'll need to make one for my own little Benjy if I make one for Daisy. I don't want him to get jealous.

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter reflecting on its true meaning. I'm so thankful to have a Savior who cared enough about me to give His life up for me. He is truly a risen Savior who is changing my life each day.

No comments: