Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Birthday Party 2008

Yesterday's birthday party was so much fun...the delicious cakes that Nancy made, the balloons, the silly hat I wore, the gifts I received, the birthday cards, and the wonderful birthday wishes from everyone. It made turning 55 so much easier than I thought it would be. By the end of the day I was plum worn out. I'm not sure if it was because the day was so busy and full of fun...or if I finally was just "old". Having a birthday always makes me think back over the past year and all that has happened. A lot has changed in a year. A year ago I was just getting my feet wet as a new business owner...just trying to find my way in a sea of so many new things. My granddaughter, Ariel, had not yet come to live with us. My oldest daughter, Elizabeth, had not yet married. My grandson, Gabriel, was not really talking much yet. Gasoline cost about $3.00/gallon. So what will the next year bring?? No one knows what tomorrow will bring. But the past year has brought me a lot of new friends, new adventures, new experiences. I can only hope that this coming year will see my yarn shop take off to new heights and teach more people the wonderful art of knitting and crocheting. Life for me right now is very good. Even with the struggles that life brings, life is good. Thanks to everyone who made my birthday this year a very special one. And thank you Lord for another year of life.

No comments: