Friday, June 20, 2008

Show and Tell Friday

Hasn't the weather this week been simply delightful?? I wish the entire summer could be this great...with a little more rain, of course, since we're still in a time of drought.

Today I have four finished projects to share with you by four wonderful knitters. Carole made this cute sweater for her granddaughter...and added a ruffle to make it more feminine. This sweater is made out of the Plymouth's Jelli Beenz yarn. Very nice!

Then Annhara brought in this scarf and beret to share with you. The pattern is Oat Couture's Ripple Beret and Scarf. I've made this set before and it was very enjoyable to knit up. I think Annhara must have really like it as well since she made a second beret. Love the colors!

When Marti came in a couple of weeks ago, she brought in the shawl she had finished from the last Girls' Night Out Workshop on the Scrap Yarn Scarf/Shawl. As you can see, her shawl is absolutely gorgeous. She used a lot of neutral colors from her stash...plus a few other yarns that folks may have tossed her way that evening. Very pretty! Makes me want to finish up my own scrap yarn scarf that I started that evening. I'm sure you're surprised that I haven't already finished it.! **sighs as she think of that UFO...but then shakes it off as the blog is calling her back**

By the way, don't forget to mark your calendars for the next Girls' Night Out Workshop on the 5th Friday in August...August 29. That's when Lisa will be giving her "Knitting Tips" workshop that got canceled in May. You'll want to be there!!

And finally, we have the cute apple hat that Glenda showed me at the World Wide Knitting in Public Day. I teased her that she had made an apple cozy! It is too cute...and will look adorable on a wee one.

Just a note about some new yarns that have arrived. Our Cascade sales rep was in this week and left us with some Anne, Heather, and Andrea yarns in some wonderful colorways. And the Aslan Trends Class yarn, which is a new yarn line for us, has arrived in 8 yummy colors. This cotton/rayon blend is just perfect for making that summer shell you've been wanting to do.

Well, enjoy the first weekend of summer and watch for new yarns arriving daily at The Yarn Haven!!

1 comment:

Abz said...

i luv knitting can u send me some wool