Monday, June 2, 2008

Some bad news...and some good news...

Many of you may already have heard that the factory where Malabrigo Yarns has their mill caught on fire last week. Tobias says that the mill was not damaged, but that just about everything in their offices, lab and warehouse was ruined. It will be at least a month before they can begin dyeing yarn again. And probably a lot longer before orders can start being filled. I was so sad to hear this for them as they were already struggling to keep up with the demand for their wonderful yarn. You may not have known, but back in December, I ordered some of their DK weight Silky Merino yarn. I received the first box of this new yarn a couple of weeks ago and decided to wait until the rest of the order arrived before putting it out. I was just about to email Tobias and ask if he knew the status of the rest of the Silky Merino when I heard about the fire. Needless to say, that email never got sent. That’s the bad news.

Imagine my surprise when the DHL truck pulled up to the shop today…with the rest of our Silky Merino. I felt like I was being handed a box of gold. So the very good news is that I now have the full order of our Silky Merino (all 16 colors) and hope to get it on the shelves this coming week before I leave for the Yarn Market. We still have most of the colors of the Malabrigo Worsted for our Block of the Month club. But some of you may have to use the leftovers from your previous skeins to continue with the BOTM until Malabrigo gets back up and running. It’s been about 8 weeks since I placed another order for the worsted weight. Unless, by some miracle, it had already been sent before the fire, it will be several months at least before we get in any more of this soft merino wool. But until then, we can comfort ourselves with petting the new DK weight Silky Merino wool yarn that has arrived. Come check it out!!

No comments: