Friday, June 13, 2008

Show and Tell Friday

It's been a very busy week at The Yarn Haven. Folks have been coming in and picking out summer projects like crazy! I love getting to see folks that I haven't seen in a while. It's like meeting an old friend. Not that any of my customers are old or anything. It's just nice to see them again.

I guess you all are wondering what yarns I got at the Yarn Market. If you'll stop by the shop, I have a couple of skeins of some new yarn lines that have been ordered. I can let you see them...and more importantly, feel them. But until then, I can tell you that two of our new yarn lines will be Louisa Harding and AslanTrends. They have some wonderful yarns that I simply fell in love with. I think you'll like what you see.

Here are some other items I ordered at the Market:

  • I ordered both Vogue Knitting and Knit 'N Style magazines. Both of these magazines should be arriving with the fall issue.

  • And I got some wonderful Namaste knitting bags. Two styles of bags in 6 beautiful colors. I think you'll really like these bags. They are very stylish and have many pockets inside for all of your accessories...as well as a wallet and makeup bag if you choose.
  • I also bought LOTS of buttons. Lisa and Diane helped me pick out some wonderful buttons that will help dress up your garments in a WOW sort of way.
  • And I ordered some blocking wires for all of those shawls that folks have been making.

  • And I couldn't resist ordering the Dolly-Mama doll kits. These are dolls that you knit up and then felt. They were all just too cute.

  • And I ordered some Carolina Bells. These are beautiful pottery bells with a hole in the top. You place your yarn under the bell and thread you yarn through the hole. The bell holds your yarn in place while you knit so that it's not rolling all over the floor...or being attacked by the family cat. A great decor item that I think you all will love.

  • Oh, and I also ordered some yarns from Muench. A new yarn called "Family", a great wash and wear yarn, and some "Kid Melange", a lace mohair for all of those lacy garments that will be so popular this fall.
I'm sure there were other items I ordered, but my mind is so full of everything right now, that I'm sure I'm forgetting something. There are several things that I didn't get to order because we ran out of time...but I'll be placing more orders as soon as I can make my list.
New yarn arrived even today. I received a shipment from The Alpaca Company of 10 colorways of their Paca Peds sock yarn. Very nice colors...and you just can't beat the feel of alpaca.

Well, I'd better get to show and tell for today before this blog ends up being a book.

Terri brought in her Monkey socks made of the Crystal Palace Panda Silk yarn. I've been wanting to try out the panda silk yarn to make socks. I might just have to try the Monkey sock pattern since Terri's socks turned out so nice.



Pam's cabled sweater was just beautiful. Does it look nice on her?? Great color!








Leah finished her baby blanket and brought it in for me to see. It's made of the Cabin Fever Cotton Tweed. I love this yarn for baby blankets and she did a nice job on it.


And Paula also made a baby blanket out of a Plymouth pattern with sailboats on it. She added the hat and booties to match. Really cute!

Thanks gals for sharing your finished projects with us!

No comments: