Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Creatively Dyed Yarn comes to The Yarn Haven...

Yesterday was a wonderful day full of fun. It was a day of friends gathering together to be creative. Dianne from Creatively Dyed Yarn was our guest of honor (she's the one in the light blue shirt). She taught 3 classes on how to hand dyed yarn using koolaid. She brought lots of hand-dyed sock yarn in gorgeous colors made with merino, cashmere, and sea wool. And she also brought a lot of hand-dyed roving braids in colors just as beautiful. These were made out of bamboo/wool, milk protein, and sea wool. Everyone had so much fun taking Dianne's class and buying some of her yummy yarn and fiber. The only disappointment of the day was that during the last class, which I took myself, I was so focused on dyeing my own yarn that I didn't get photos of the other yarns that were created. :-( But I'm hoping that everyone will take the yarn that they hand-dyed and knit or crochet up something and bring it by for me to see...and put on the blog, of course! So here are some of the beautiful yarns that were hand-dyed... and their proud owners...







































Don't these women look like they are having fun!!! At the end of the day it was time to pack up Dianne's trailor...which was still full as she is traveling for several weeks to different fiber festivals. But don't worry...she
left a lot of her sock yarns and rovings for us to enjoy.
Thanks, Dianne, for a wonderful day...and for allowing us the privilege of being able to sell your beautiful creations. Blessings, Sandy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that looks like you all had so much fun! That roving may finally convince me to try spinning.

Sandy said...

Sam...it was soooo much fun. Just wait until you see Dianne's roving. I've already pull out 2 braids for myself...and I don't even spin yet!! :-)