Saturday, July 5, 2008

Show and Tell...Saturday

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July yesterday! I didn't do anything spectacular...just clean house...and knit. But today it's back to business as usual...with my grandson's 5th birthday party this afternoon. Yeah!
For Show and Tell today I have some adorable knitted animals to show you. Mary Beth made this darling hedgehog from a Fiber Trends pattern. She brought it by to show me at my birthday party...hence the birthday hat in the picture. And her daughter, Kemper, brought by a seal that she had knitted. Pretty good for a 9 year old!! I think Mom helped a bit, but Kemper did a nice job. I think she's hooked on knitting, don't you?

Then Bev brought by a poncho she made out of the Farmhouse Yarn by Bessie. It turned out real cute. I love the shawl collar on the poncho.

And Pam brought by a sweet little cardigan that she made for her granddaughter. She used a Plymouth pattern and Dreambaby DK yarn. It is much prettier than the photo. Unfortunately, I had to copy this photo from her Ravelry page because the picture I took with my camera got accidently deleted. But the sweater is gorgeous and I might just have to make one of those sweaters for one of those grand-nieces and nephews that I'll be expecting in the next few years.

While I have your attention, I thought you might like to know about some new items that have arrived at The Yarn Haven.
  • Dolly Mamas...these are very cute little dolls that you knit up and then felt. Kits include everything you need except for the needles.

  • Knit Simple - Fall 2008 issue has arrived

  • Misti Alpaca in three weights...5 new solids and 2 new handpainted lace yarn, 3 new handpainted colors of the worsted yarn, and 5 new handpainted colors of sock yarn...with 3 more colors of sock yarn to arrive soon!

Have I enticed you to stop by the shop yet? Hope to see you soon!

No comments: