Monday, July 21, 2008

Meet Diane...

I would like you to meet one of our part-time employees, Diane. Diane has been working here at The Yarn Haven since February of this year. Many of you have already met her, but I wanted to give her the chance to tell you a little more about herself. So, without further ado, here she is...

Diane, I know you were born in Augusta, Georgia, but how long have you lived in Knoxville?

15 years not counting the year and a half we spent in Texas in the middle of it

You and your husband, Ken, have lived in many different parts of the country because of Ken’s job. Where are all the different places you have lived?
Augusta, GA
Ocala, FL
Philadelphia, PA
Green Bay, WI
Coral Springs, FL
Green Acres, FL
New Orleans, LA
San Antonio, TX
Asheville, NC
Smyrna, TN
Knoxville, TN
Dallas, TX
Knoxville, TN

Wow! That’s a lot of places. I’m glad you came back to Knoxville to settle. Tell me a little about your family.
My husband and I were high school sweethearts. We have been married 35 yrs. We have 2 married daughters with 4 granddaughters and one grandson. Neither of my daughters knit, but I did teach the 3 oldest grandchildren to knit last summer, which included my grandson.

When did you first begin knitting?
I learned in 2000 because I wanted some more knitted dishcloths and couldn’t find them anywhere.

What is your favorite item to knit?
Sweaters

What’s your favorite color?
Yellow, but I never knit with it for myself. I like pinks, purples, and greens also.

What project are you planning to do during The Yarn Haven Olympics in
August?
I think I will knit my Carolyn jacket or my Crayon Box sweater

Anything else you'd like to tell folks about yourself?
I do LOVE to knit. I also quilt, sew and make greeting cards. I like to meet people and interact with them. Because I do love to knit and I like people, I really enjoy my job working at The Yarn Haven. The worst thing about my job is there are too many choices and I will not live long enough to knit everything that I want to…decisions…decisions.

Thanks Diane for sharing with us. Many of you may not know that Diane was the one who got me back into knitting after years and years of being away from it. And now several years later knitting is my career. How cool is that!

No comments: