Friday, July 25, 2008

Show and Tell Friday

It's been an unusual week for me. My hubby has taken the week off from work to spend time with his brothers and their families camping at Norris Lake. While I'm glad he's getting some time off, it couldn't have come at a worse time. Someone in my family...who shall remain nameless...borrowed our extra car and wrecked it. Now granted, this car is old and has been through a lot. My son originally bought it and then gave it to us when he got out of the Marines as payment for some debt he owed us. Then our youngest daughter drove it for 5 years while she was in college. She had a small wreck in it once and so the hood had some body damage. And bless her heart, she didn't realize that if you don't wash a car for...YEARS...that the paint finally comes off. So almost the entire top of the car was bare. But it was nice to have a 2nd car to use when we needed it. Well, since I no longer had this car to use, and my hubby had my car at the lake, it has left me without transportation. My hubby has come home a couple of times to attend to other things and has brought me to work. And my oldest daughter has taken me to work a couple of times, but for me to fit into her schedule, I had to arrive here at 7:30 am! By the time the shop opens at 10 am, I feel as though I have already put in a full day of work. And last night I didn't get home until about 10 pm because I had to wait until someone's schedule freed up so I could get a ride home. So...it's been a long week for me.

But in the midst of this crazy week, I had several of my customers...my friends...bring in their finished projects to show me. I always get so excited to see what folks have made. So here is the highlight of my week...

Linda made this Harry Potter sweater for someone in her family...a nephew I think. She made it out of Cleckheaton's Country 8 ply yarn. She's work long and hard to finish it and I think this Harry Potter fan will really like it.






Then Bev brought by the scarf she made out of Noro's Silk Garden yarn. She did Brooklyn Tweed's pattern and it turned out quite colorful. I know she'll enjoy wearing it this winter.




And Ernestine brought by her felted tote bag...her first "real" knitted project. She just learned to knit last summer and has done a great job on her bag. In fact, she's already working on a 2nd one. She used the Cascade 220 and Galway yarns. This pattern is from an out-of-print Interweave Knits magazine from years ago...but we have received permission from them to make copies. So if you want a fun, easy bag to make...stop in and get some wool yarn and we'll give you the pattern.

Enjoy your weekend!!

No comments: